Friday 10 February 2012

Valentines day; dress to impress!

 Hey everyone! Valentines day is fast approaching and I have more than enough tips to keep you dolled up and ready for the 14th. I'm sure you read my previous post on gift suggestions and some of you found it very helpful  so thanks for the feedback. Anyway, I've put together some of my favourite picks for this year, so let me know what you think about it.



  1. The Lunch date: So my first collection is from river island, as you can see some of the items are limited edition. I picked out all these outfits because in most cases its best to stick to subtle colours like baby pink, beige, cream, navy blue e.t.c when going on a lunch date.




lunch date: river island collection.




  • Short baby pink bow dress
  • Snake skin clutch bag 
  • River island platform sandals 
  • Gold drape leaf earrings 
  • Gold chain bracelet 



2. The movie date: If you're going to the movies, casual clothes work the best; playsuits, casual jumpsuits or a fitted blouse and jeans preferably.


Movie date.



  • Spot print zip front playsuit
  • Light wash denim gilet 
  • Stone cut out brogues 
  • Black enamel high top stud earrings 
  • Lydia cross body bag 





3. The formal date: If you're going for a formal party or theatre act or anything that requires formal dressing, you can wear a knee length dress or a high waist skirt and a fitted pleasant blouse. My third collection is quite formal but still very stylish. The white ruffled top tucked inside the black pencil skirt with amazing jewelry and matching shoes.


Formal date.




  • White ruffle front blouse 
  • Black ruched wrap pencil skirt 
  • Black colour block court shoes 
  • Gold poodle stud earrings 
  • Gold flower cluster necklace 
  • White and gold evening purse 




4. The dinner date: This is the most important part of the day so you can either wear your little black dress or a sexy red dress that will make heads turn..... Quick tip: You don't "have" to wear a red dress because its valentines day, Its not a uniform. Most people like to go with the flow but Its really not that necessary. So for my evening collection, I'm going to stick to the red and  I've picked out a sassy red dress that will definitely be an eye catcher. (Plus notice the Louboutins in my previous post)


Dinner date.





  • Red slim fit dress 
  • Christian Louboutin heels 
  • Long silver earrings 
  • Heart pendant necklace 
  • Silver bow bracelet 



5. Party with the girls: If you're thinking of hitting the club with your girlfriends. I have something extra for you. My fifth collection is all about sequins and glitters. Its a party/ club look.


Party hard. 
 



  • Wet black sequined dress 
  • Christian Louboutin red heels 
  • Heart shaped mini purse 
  • Pastel elephant stud earrings 
      Don't forget to accessorize properly. That's all for today. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment